Happy Valentines Day !
It may be cold and snowy today but the weather can’t stop me from baking Valentines treats. A combination of chocolate, banana, and raspberries, these mini- bundt cakes have a rich moist chocolate flavor that will warm your heart. I used banana, maple syrup, and raspberry jam for just the right amount of sweetness that compliments well with 100% cocoa powder and instant espresso.
Chocolate Banana Raspberry Mini Bundt Cakes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grape seed or canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 2 medium bananas)
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/3 cup 100% unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 6 well mini bundt pan with a non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sifted flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and and baking soda. Set aside.
- On medium speed of an electric or standup mixer cream unsalted butter , add granulated sugar and beat until smooth, add grape seed or canola oil, and maple syrup and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, then eggs one at a time, mix until well blended.
- On low speed gradually mix in mashed banana and seedless raspberry jam until blended.
- In a separate glass measuring cup whisk together the buttermilk and espresso powder.
- On slow speed of electric mixer gradually add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to batter, starting and ending with flour mixture in 3 additions, being careful not to over mix.
- Evenly spoon batter into the mini bundt pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, and tops lightly spring back to touch. Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.